Hi Friends on Facebook and Friends in Life,
Have you ever caught yourself doing something a little out of the ordinary and had to ask yourself or a close friend whether or not you were breaking the law? In a state of confusion you pause what you’re doing and quickly try to think if you’ve ever heard that it was illegal or saw it on an episode of Matlock.
These days it’s very difficult to know when you’re doing something illegal or legal, unless it’s visibly wrong or deemed offensive by society. There are way too many rules for anyone to memorize all of them. In Canada there are over 980 pages of laws in Canada’s Criminal Code that the government can use against you at any time. In the states it’s nearly impossible to count how many laws there are because there is different levels of government in each state: city laws, county laws, state laws and federal laws. When trying to determine the number of laws in America it’s usually best to focus on the number of federal crimes, which is documented by the US Justice Department. Although you may not want to hold your breath, the numbers of laws seems to grow on a minute-by-minute basis. Let’s just put it this way, since the start of 2000, Congress has created approximately 452 new crimes. Federal crimes as of the end of 2007 exceed 4,450! As high as that number seems it’s nothing in comparison to number of rules that exist in the world which is probably somewhere in the high sextillions.
What I find extremely fascinating is not what’s illegal but what’s ACTUALLY LEGAL! Here’s a list of some things that you won’t believe are actually legal, for now!
- Flamethrowers! That’s right! Go-ahead, launch rivers of fire!
- Salvia – a hallucinogenic – the stuff Miley Cyrus was filmed inhaling through a bong.
- Tannerite – a powder that creates explosions
- Homemade weaponry
- A Tank – Yes a real tank! Apparently you could purchase one in Texas for under a grand.
- An exotic animal, were talking lions, tigers, piranhas and bears. NOT kitties and puppies.
- Books that teach you how to blow things up
- DXM found in cough syrup.
- In Pakistan for a Man to swap his sister for a wife
- In Nevada to hang anyone who shoots your dog on your property
- In Utah to marry your cousin, but only if your over 50
- In Arizona for a man to beat his wife, but only once a month
- In parts of India for a women to marry a goat
- In Liverpool for a saleswomen to go topless, but only in stores selling tropical fish
- In Hong Kong for a wife to kill an adulterous husband, but only if its with her bare hands
- In Paraguay to fight a duel as long as both parties are blood donors
- In England to shoot a Welshman as long as its with a bow and arrow
- In Seattle for a woman to sit on a mans lap on the bus but only if there flesh is separated by a pillow
- In Pennsylvania to us the same vehicle to deliver food and dead bodies
- Last but certainly not least…last summer, the state of Nebraska made it legal to abandon children.
Wow, that’ll teach us not to do everything that’s legal.
Info via. Wiki & Cracked